There are a few ways to install Photoshop Actions on your computer. They all start out like this:
- Download and save the .zip file of the RA Custom Action to your desktop.
- Decompress the .zip file, usually by double-clicking it. This should create a new folder containing the .atn file (Photoshop Action).
Double-click the .atn file and the downloaded action should be loaded into the Photoshop Actions Palette.
If Method #1 did not work (typically because of the way your Photoshop is set up), or you have multiple versions of Photoshop on one machine, then you’ll need to do the following to add them into each Photoshop version:
- Open Photoshop, and click on the Actions Palette menu button (located in the top-right of the Actions Palette);
- Click “Load Actions” (pictured below);
- Locate and select the .atn file that you have just downloaded and unzipped;
You can also manually migrate actions and presets following the Adobe Help Desk instructions here.